For any Android device to be fully functional you need to have Google Play Store installed. Indeed, nowadays most Android devices, tablets or smart phones have this app already installed as a factory setting.
This makes it easy to start off with the app. The main features of the app are as follows:
- It works as a versatile platform for all kinds of apps for Android devices, paid or free.
- You can rely on this largest virtual marketplace for Android apps as reliable and reviewed apps are put up for download on this platform monitored by Google.
- The app is free for download and usually comes as a preloaded app on your Android device.
If you are new to Google Play Store and wish to know how to operate the same, here are some pointers given. Indeed, it will help you source every kind of app you need. That can range from functional apps like the ones you require to locate direction like Google Maps to utility apps, games, eBooks, entertainment and others. To increase functionality of your Android device or even non Android devices like PCs and other non Android mobile devices, it is possible to download Google Play Store and run it on a simulator program.
How to open Google Play store
This app will show in your applications interface. Google Play store is the general platform where you can browse apps by different categories. On the other hand, Google Books, Games and Play are specialized versions of Play Store where you can access these categories specifically.
When you open the Google Play store, you will be asked to do the following:
- Connect to a Google account. This is necessary to use Google Play Store.
- If you have an existing Google account like a Gmail account, you can link the same with this app.
- You would be asked to log into your Google account.
- Simply type in your username and password and wait for these details to be verified.
- Ensure that your Wi-Fi or mobile data is on at the time of connecting to the app.
- Once your login details are verified you will gain access to the app.
- The different categories are displayed; the popular and most downloaded or latest apps are displayed first.
- If you wish to search for a particular app, you can use the search function provided.
- In case you wish to browse through the different categories, you will find them listed on the left drop down panel.
The above steps help you get introduced to the world of Android apps on Google Play Store.
Google Play Store on Android
You will discover that Google Play store for your Android devices has the following distinct features:
- It is the basic platform on which you will gain access to a wide range of apps.
- This app is free; you can easily download it through your mobile web browser if your Android device does not have it preloaded.
- Without Google Play Store the options of downloading Android apps on your device to become difficult.
- Google Play Store not only provides you access to different apps, but allows you to manage them as well as notifies you when you need to update the apps and so forth.
How to download apps through Google Play Store?
The process of downloading apps through the Google Play store is an easy process. There are two distinct categories of apps on Google Play Store. Apps are either paid or free on this platform.
Download free apps on Google Play Store
If you wish to download free apps on Google Play Store you need to do the following:
- Log on to your Google account and access Google Play store.
- Browse through the apps that are listed or simply use the search option to look for the app you wish to download.
- Once you locate the same you can click on the app to start the download.
- You will get intimation that the app will be downloaded on your phone or mobile device presently.
- Once the app is downloaded, it will get installed on your device.
Download paid apps on Google Play Store
If you wish to download paid apps through Google Play Store, the process remains similar. However, you need to add a payment option to your Google account on Play Store. This can be done by the following:
- You will be asked to link a payment account to Google Play Store.
- You can provide PayPal or credit card details or choose among other options provided.
- You would be asked to key in details.
- These would be saved so that any future purchase gets credited to the account you provide.
The above steps will help you make any purchase smoothly. Once payment is verified, a download of a paid app begins on your mobile device. The process of installation remains the same as for free apps. You need to review the terms and conditions before you complete the installation process.