If you own an Android mobile device, you would want to use different apps on it. After all, a smart phone goes much beyond being a mere device for making calls and sending or receiving text messages.
Benefits to use the app Play Store
If you wish to do much more than such simple functions, you need to have apps on your device. These can be of different kinds. From the popular chat messenger apps to email apps, utility apps like a cab service app and others, your world revolves around the games you download on your tablet or smart phone, the eBooks you read, the music you listen to or the movies you can stream on your device.
All this and more is possible through a versatile app called Google Play Store. Its main features are as follows:
- It is the main marketplace for apps of all kinds of Android devices.
- Being run and operated by Google, it is a trusted platform for users as well as developers of Android apps.
- All tested and verified apps are to be found on this platform.
- The range of apps is vast, being categorized into different headings and even accessed through different apps like Google Play, Google Books and Google Music and more.
- You can easily read about apps, find different choices in a given category, review the apps and update the same on this platform.
- Every Google Play store account on your device is personalized, linking to a Google account.
- You will find personalized choices and your app selections stored in your Google Play Store, no matter which device you access it from.
The above points make it difficult for you to use any Android device without the Google Play store on your device. There are different ways you can download Google Play store on an Android platform. Here are some steps provided in different circumstances.
How to download Google Play Store?
On a new device
When you have a new Android device that does not have Google Play store on it, you can download it by the following steps:
- Log onto Google through your web browser. You need to ensure that you have a working mobile data or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Once you open Google, search for Google Play Store.
- When you find the links in the results, opt for a reliable source for download. Also, choose the latest version. Ensure compatibility with the device you are using.
- Choose the file for download. It would be an APK file.
- Once the APK file is downloaded, find it in the downloads directory. Click to install. If there are security warnings given, override the same and allow the file to install.
- Once the file is installed, you would be prompted to provide certain data to set up Google Play Store. This would comprise of linking your existing Google account with Google Play store.
The above steps help you to get Google Play store as the default Android app manager for your device.
On an old Android device
If you have an existing Android device where Google Play Store used to exist, but has gotten corrupted or removed, you need to download it again. The steps to follow are similar as the ones enumerated above:
- Log into your mobile web browser. You could also download the APK file from Google Play Store through your laptop and transfer this file to your mobile device.
- Ensure that the version you download is the latest which is compatible with your device. This is essential for checking when you are using an old mobile Android device.
- Install the APK file.
- Open the file and follow instructions to have the Google Play store working on your mobile device.
- You need to link an existing Google account to your Google Play store.
- If you had the same account linked to the old app that was removed, it would still show up in the new app. Your account as well as downloaded apps, personalized selections and more would show up in the new app you installed.
With the above features you will gain easy access to Play Store on your Android device.
How to get the Google Play store on a PC?
With the popularity of Android apps, you might want the same on your PC as well. With the help of an emulator program this can be made possible to enjoy Android apps on your PC through Google Play Store.
Emulator program for PCs
If you wish to use Play store on your PC, the download process is the following:
- Download an emulator program for your Windows or Mac based PC. Usually BlueStacks is the preferred emulator program, though there are others as well.
- Review the emulator programs and choose one that would be lightweight and easy to run for your PC.
- Once the download is completed, you browse for Google Play Store on this program.
- Google Play store as well as other Android apps becomes available on your PC through this emulator platform.
The above steps help you download and enjoy the different apps and other features offered by Google Play store. No matter what apps you wish to access, this platform is a must for any Android device.